- This event has passed.
AP Create Task – Day 1
February 2, 2019 @ 8:00 am - 4:00 pmFree
The Create Task Workshop will give Educators an inside look at the AP Computer Science Create Performance Task. This Exam is worth 24% of the Student’s College Credit. You will dive deep into the Collegeboard Rubric, see examples, and build your own Create Task utilizing MIT App Inventor. Do you want your students to succeed on the Create Task, then you need to be at this FIU Create Task Workshop.
Dates: February 2 and 9 (2-Saturday sequence)
Time: 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
Location: FIU Engineering Center (Flagler and SW 107 Ave), room EC 2710
Registration Link: https://goo.gl/forms/hSum4sCGfgPBF8zJ3 (for both days)
Instructor: Mr. Jamie Gant
AGENDA DAY 1 (February 2) / AP CSP CREATE 8:00am – 4:00pm
- Introduction to AP Computer Science Principles
- Who is AP Computer Science Principles for (Student Recruitment)?
- Understanding the AP Computer Science Exam (Explore, Create, Multiple Choice)
- Understanding the AP Create Task 24% Exam
- Creating the Create Artifact (MIT App Inventor)
- Answering the Create Task Questions
- Grading Create Tasks
AGENDA DAY 2 (February 9) : AP CSP CREATE 8:00am – 4:00pm
- Creating an original Create Task (Students are given 12 hours of class time, you are given 4 hours to create an original Create task)
- Presenting your Create Task
- Grading fellow Teachers Create Tasks
- Planning our your Year. When to give Practice Create Tasks and schedule the Real Create Task Exam in your classroom.