The Ultimate Software Academy for Computer Science Education inspires and cultivates the advancement of a community of K-12 teachers and students who continuously rediscover computing and apply its principles to creatively solve problems and engender innovation.
Among our objects, we aim at:
- increasing the number of South Florida Students who choose a computing major
- improving the skills of South Florida high school students in computer programming and problem solving
- increasing awareness of South Florida high school computing students about research activities in the area of computer science
- increasing access to training for South Florida teachers in subjects such as Computer Science Principles and elementary programming
- increasing the pipeline of computing students who choose to major at FIU and continue to advanced work, including FIU research groups and internships at local companies
- improving the teaching skills of FIU programming team members through practical instructional experience and mentoring by FIU faculty